BIM Companies in New Jersey , USA | The Story of BIM Clash Coordination has Gone Viral!
Do you want to make the most of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) technique? Opt for BIM Clash Coordination and Reporting Services from one of the best BIM Companies in New Jersey. The right BIM implementation between the engineer and the contractor helps to make easy clash detection and resolution, thus speeding up the AEC project.
The Power of BIM Modeling for Clash Coordination:
· Building Information Modeling acts as a powerful tool for coordination between a contractor and an engineer. One of the most useful functions of BIM is the capability to detect and report clashes to the construction professionals. Clash detection through 3D BIM Modeling helps to accelerate the coordination process amongst various disciplines by detecting issues faster and thoroughly. This allows communication between trades to emphasize solutions instead of identifying problems.
Process of Clash Detection & Clash Coordination:
· The process for clash detection and reporting varies depending on the stage of the project. To let the building owners and facility managers obtain the maximum advantage from BIM clash detection, they should comprehend the way the variables &objectives in clash detection range from design to the phase of construction.
· Before inspecting the variances of clash reporting at certain junctures, it is vital to comprehend how BIM models differ during design and construction. Through the design phase, the quantity and type of components in the model are highlighted for showing the design intent. Design drawings for construction are represented through a diagram to show the intent of the design in the models for assuring proper construction space in the field.
An Instance of Clash Detection through BIM:
· To take an instance, pipe hangers & duct work hangers are essential pieces for construction but are not presented in a designer’s model as they will cloud the design of the duct work plan. Analyzing the project specifications, a contractor knows the type of hangers to be used and how the designer needs to allocate space for the hangers. This shows the extent of the BIM modeling of BIM Companies in New Jersey completion for the hangers. Design times get enhanced significantly when the location, size and alignment have to be accurately measured.
BIM Clash Detection & Reporting Throughout the Stages of Building Lifecycle:
· Even if design models may not exhibit every component, 3D BIM clash detection undertakes a significant part of the design development stage, where the owners and facility managers obtain the benefits of clash detection.
· During the schematic design stage, clash reports are shown owing to the low-level development of the model. The key advantage of the schematic design stage for the owner is that they demonstrate the general size of the required equipment and clearances. At this juncture of the project, the structural design gets close to completion. For instance, during the design of a building tower, BIM clash detection and reporting are important throughout the phases of building design development.
· Obtaining clash reports bi-weekly are essential for the creation of the building tower design for addressing structural problems with piping & duct work. For several projects, this type of reporting becomes an ongoing practice throughout the project.
· The BIM model of a building can be connected to an existing structure, aligning the floor plan with the tower. This creates the need for the slopes between the current& new construction, leading to the positioning of structural beams. Large ducts can be presented penetrating the low beams along with the small branch duct work. All these issues get detected during the clash analysis and resolved by lowering the ceiling heights during construction below a few feet, which lets the duct work to pass through. If the issues are not detected earlier during the pre-construction stage and are not caught in the BIM model at the right time, major changes have to be made to the layout of the duct work, allowing smaller ducts to cross the tighter areas.
· The most value of the BIM clash report comes out during the construction document (CD) stage, where all disciplines become finalized with the progress of the project, and more test parameters can be created to detect clashes of pipe to ceiling, pipe to walls and pipe to duct work. At this point, inputs are provided on how a maintenance team would access and work on equipment.
· Owners can request and see confirmation of ceiling heights. Any project where a ceiling space has coordination problems cannot be guaranteed to fit in the space in which it is presented. Access locations and equipment outlets can also be confirmed by modeling the paths as well as the required clearance spaces through Building Information Modeling. In the case of a building project, large switch gear can be positioned with low floor heights.
· With BIM, owners no more have to express concern over the capability of removing the equipment at the end of its lifespan. Using the width & height of the switch gear, the egress path can be modeled in BIM with the same height & width. Clash detection was then used for analyzing pinch points blocking the egress.
· Modeling hangers can be applied in the construction phase for coordinating hanger locations with the routing of the surrounding systems, providing adequate support for its system. Conduits can also be modeled in this phase.
To know more about BIM Clash Coordination, get in touch with Tejjy Inc. – A BIM Services Provider in Washington DC, Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), Baltimore, New York (NW), New Jersey (NJ), Philadelphia &Pennsylvania at 202-465-4830 or email@example.com.